ResearchSafe

Thoughts on adding 5-Amino-1MQ to a semaglutide protocol?

Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 1 points, 0 comments.

I have been tracking my progress on semaglutide for about ten weeks now and the weight loss has been pretty steady, but I am starting to hit a bit of a plateau with my body composition. The scale is moving, but I feel like my metabolic rate is just slowing down to compensate, which is frustrating imo.

I was reading up on 5-Amino-1MQ and the way it inhibits NNMT to boost NAD+ levels. Since semaglutide handles the appetite side of things so well, I am curious if adding a small molecule like 5A1MQ could help with the cellular energy metabolism side without messing with my hunger suppression. I am a bit wary of the insomnia side effect if I take it too late in the day, though.

Has anyone here tried combining a GLP-1 with 5-Amino-1MQ? I am interested to see if it actually helps with that sluggish feeling or if it is just extra noise in my data. I am mostly looking at it to see if it can help keep the metabolic fire going while I am in this deficit... Would love to hear if you noticed any changes in your energy or fat loss speed...

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.