Mild nausea after starting NR (nicotinamide riboside) – anyone else?
Posted by practicaldita in Safety & Side Effects - 1 points, 0 comments.
I tried NR at 300 mg once daily with breakfast about two weeks ago. Felt fine the first few days, then around day four I started getting a queasy feeling in my stomach about an hour after the pill. It’s not vomiting, just that unsettled, kinda queasy vibe that lasts a few hours and then fades.
I took it with food, plenty of water, and even tried splitting it 150 mg morning and night but the nausea still showed up with the morning dose. My usual HRV and sleep numbers haven’t changed noticeably, and I haven’t done any new labs yet. I’m wondering if it’s just a GI sensitivity to the NR itself or maybe something in the filler.
Has anyone else hit a similar wall with NR, or is it more likely the brand I grabbed? Thinking of backing off to 150 mg every other day to see if it clears up.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.