ResearchSafe

Basic question on reconstituting peptides for the first time

Posted by fasted_scientist in Beginner Questions - 2 points, 0 comments.

Just got my first few vials and ngl I am a bit stressed about the actual mixing part. I have read a few different protocols online but they all seem to say something different about how to actually add the bacteriostatic water. Some people say to let it run down the side of the glass and others just shoot it straight in.

I reckon I have the maths sorted for the dosage, but I am worried about ruining the peptide if I am too rough with it. Does it actually matter if you create a few bubbles or if you shake the vial to get it to dissolve? I have seen people say you should never shake it, but it feels like it would take ages to mix otherwise.

Also, for those of you who were nervous the first time, did you find it easier to use a specific size syringe for the mixing part versus the actual pin? I am just trying to make sure I do not mess up the concentration before I start.

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.