ResearchSafe

PQQ gave me vivid dreams and a light headache, timing helped

Posted by restlessemma in Safety & Side Effects - 1 points, 0 comments.

I started taking PQQ about three weeks ago because I’d read it might boost mitochondrial biogenesis and help with recovery after long clinic days. I began with 10 mg first thing in the morning with breakfast, as the typical dose suggests. After a couple of nights I noticed my dreams became really vivid – almost like watching a movie in high definition.

It was interesting at first but started to feel a bit disruptive to my sleep quality. Around day five I also got a mild headache in the afternoon, nothing severe just a dull pressure behind my eyes. I figured it might be related to taking it too early or maybe my body adjusting.

I shifted the dose to early afternoon, around 1 pm, and kept the same 10 mg amount. Within two days the vivid dreams eased back to normal and the headache disappeared. I’ve stayed on that schedule for the past week and feel fine, no other side effects.

Imo timing makes a noticeable difference with PQQ, especially if you’re sensitive to its effects on sleep. Anyone else tweak the timing and see similar changes? Let’s hear what worked for you.

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.