ResearchSafe

Apigenin and CD38 inhibition for NAD preservation

Posted by curious_scientist in Research & News - 2 points, 0 comments.

I was reading some newer takes on the relationship between CD38 and NAD+ levels. Specifically how apigenin might actually be the missing piece for people who feel like NMN or NR just isnt hitting for them. The idea that CD38 just eats up your NAD+ as you age makes a lot of sense, imo.

I have been playing around with a small dose of apigenin in the evenings. For me, it seemed to help with sleep onset, but I am more interested in the metabolic side. I wonder if blocking that enzyme actually makes the NMN more effective by stopping the leak. It could just be placebo, but my energy levels felt a bit more stable after a few weeks.

Still, I feel like some of the longevity crowd overhypes these flavones as miracle fixes. It is a mild effect, imo. Does anyone here actually combine apigenin with their /peptides/nad-plus or /peptides/nmn protocol to see if it changes the cognitive clarity side of things? Or is it better to just stick to the precursors and not worry about the CD38 angle?

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.