PE 22-28 TREK-1 blocker – what do we really know so far?
Posted by curious_scientist in Research & News - 1 points, 0 comments.
I just checked the LL-37 and PE 22-28 pages on the site again. The PE 22-28 entry says it’s a synthetic spadin derivative that blocks TREK-1 and shows fast antidepressant effects in animal models, but human safety and efficacy are still unknown. Imo that’s a big gap if you’re thinking about trying it for mood.
I’ve read a few lay‑person blogs that hype it as a “next‑gen SSRI alternative,” but the source material only talks about preclinical data. I’m curious if anyone here has seen a recent human trial or a case report that actually tested it in people. If not, what do you think about using a peptide with only rodent data for something like depression?
Are we jumping the gun, or is there a reasonable way to proceed cautiously? Let’s hear your take.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.