RNA therapy to stop muscle loss on GLP-1s
Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 2 points, 0 comments.
I just saw this piece from Northwestern about using RNA therapy to help keep muscle mass while on GLP-1s. It basically says the combination helped preserve lean tissue better than semaglutide alone...
This is exactly what I have been worrying about with my own progress. I have been tracking my body composition closely, and while the scale goes down, I always fear I am losing too much muscle along with the fat. Most of the advice is just to eat more protein and lift heavy, but for some of us, that is not enough to offset the rapid weight loss. I think this kind of targeted approach is where the research needs to go if we want to actually improve metabolic health and not just shrink...
Do you think we will see these kinds of muscle-sparing compounds become common in the next few years? Or will we just keep relying on high protein and gym time to avoid the wasted look, eh?
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.