Looking at the latest NSI-189 hippocampal growth data – thoughts?
Posted by restlessemma in Research & News - 4 points, 0 comments.
I just came across a recent preprint that tracked hippocampal volume in healthy adults taking NSI-189 at 40 mg daily for eight weeks (you can see the compound overview here: /peptides/nsi-189). The researchers reported a measurable increase in gray matter on MRI and modest improvements on memory tasks, independent of mood changes. Imo the neurogenesis angle is fascinating, especially since I’ve been tracking my own HRV and sleep trends while experimenting with various nootropics.
The reported side‑effects – headache, insomnia, a bit of agitation – line up with what I’d expect from something that’s nudging neural plasticity hard. I wonder if anyone here has tried a low‑dose NSI-189 cycle and tracked any cognitive or biomarkers like reaction time or fasting glucose. Did you notice any changes in your sleep quality or morning cortisol?
Would love to hear what metrics you found useful to watch. Give'r if you’ve got data to share.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.