ResearchSafe

Noticing lipid shifts on a low‑dose oxandrolone cycle – bloodwork thoughts

Posted by restlessemma in Safety & Side Effects - 3 points, 0 comments.

I ran a six‑week trial of oxandrolone at 10 mg split twice daily, mainly to see if it would help with lean mass while I was already on a semaglutide taper. I got a full panel before starting and again two days after the last dose. 2 mmol/L.

9 mmol/L. Liver enzymes (ALT/AST) were unchanged and within normal range. I felt fine otherwise – no noticeable acne, no mood swings, and my strength did creep up a bit in the gym.

I’m wondering if others have seen similar lipid changes at this dose and whether adding something like omega‑3s or a low dose of niacin helped to blunt the HDL dip. Also, did anyone notice any rebound effect on lipids after stopping? Would love to hear your numbers or any harm‑reduction tricks you’ve tried....

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.