ResearchSafe

Confused about reconstitution math for beginners

Posted by fasted_scientist in Beginner Questions - 3 points, 0 comments.

I am just getting my head around everything and feel a bit out of my depth with the actual maths of mixing stuff. I have been reading about BPC-157 and some GH peptides, but I am struggling to figure out how to calculate the actual amount to pull into a syringe once the bacteriostatic water is added.

Ngl, it is a bit intimidating when you are staring at a vial and trying to work out if you are taking enough or way too much. I keep seeing people talk about units on insulin syringes, but the math between milligrams and those tiny units is tripping me up.

If I have a 5mg vial and I add 2ml of water, how am I supposed to know what my dose is in units? I want to make sure I am not messing this up before I even start. Does anyone have a simple way they figure this out without needing a degree in chemistry? I reckon I just need a basic formula or a way to double check my work so I do not end up doing something silly.

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.