Trying to make sense of Klotho, what do people actually know?
Posted by fasted_scientist in Beginner Questions - 2 points, 0 comments.
I have been reading up on Klotho lately because the longevity stuff is quite interesting, but I am struggling to find anything solid for someone just starting out. Most of what I can find seems to be about the protein itself and how it relates to things like kidney health or cognitive function, but there is almost zero info on actual human use.
Ngl, I am a bit lost on where to even begin with this one. Unlike some of the other peptides where you can find decent research or even general dose ranges being discussed, Klotho seems to be a total black box. I cannot find a single established human dose or even a clear idea of the half life for the soluble form.
Has anyone here actually looked into this or tried it? I am curious if anyone has even seen a protocol that makes sense, or if it is all just preclinical hype at this stage. It seems like a massive leap from animal studies to anything practical for a person. If you have come across any actual data that isn't just theoretical, I would be keen to hear about it.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.