ResearchSafe

Thoughts on combining Ca-AKG and Spermidine for autophagy?

Posted by optimizer_jenna in Longevity & Anti-Aging - 3 points, 0 comments.

I have been reading quite a lot lately about ways to support autophagy, since it seems to be such a huge topic in longevity circles. I am actually quite interested in the idea of combining Ca-AKG with Spermidine to see if they work well together. From what I understand, Ca-AKG might help with epigenetic regulation and energy metabolism, while Spermidine is more about that cellular clean up process.

Tbh, I am a bit skeptical about how much real impact I will actually feel from this combination. I am still quite new to all these different pathways. I have seen people talking about taking 1 to 3 grams of Ca-AKG daily, and some mention Spermidine doses around 10 mg.

Has anyone here tried using both at the same time? I am curious if you noticed any specific changes in your energy levels or perhaps even your skin. I am also wondering if the GI upset people mention with Ca-AKG is actually common when you add Spermidine into the mix. I would love to hear if anyone has any papers or more specific info on how these two interact, if that is even a thing yet. Thank you for any help!

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.