ResearchSafe

ABC News piece separates real anti-aging signals from biohacking noise

Posted by student748 in Research & News - 1 points, 0 comments.

https://health.stonybrookmedicine.edu/what-is-biohacking-separating-fact-from-hype

The ABC News article looks at how biohacking and longevity science are getting tangled, pointing out where solid research exists and where the hype outruns the evidence. It mentions things like intermittent fasting, certain senolytics, and the need for rigorous trials while warning about unregulated supplements and extreme self‑experimentation.

For what it is worth I found the breakdown useful because it mirrors what I’ve seen in my own tracking – the modest glucose improvements from time‑restricted eating feel real, but the bold claims around peptide stacks often don’t hold up when I look at my labs or how I feel after a few weeks. The article’s call for more transparency in dosing and better biomarker use lines up with why I keep a strict log and push for bloodwork before tweaking anything.

What do you all think – are there any specific biohacking practices you’ve tried that actually moved a measurable marker for you, or do you mostly rely on how you feel day to day?

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.