KFF raises safety concerns amid GLP-1 telehealth boom
Posted by optimizer_jenna in Research & News - 2 points, 0 comments.
The KFF Health News piece looks at how telehealth companies are flooding the market with GLP-1 prescriptions as demand for weight‑loss drugs spikes, while also highlighting a rise in medication errors and limited clinician oversight. It cites FDA data showing compounded semaglutide linked to adverse events when prescribed without proper labs or follow‑up.
For me the article feels spot‑on about the risks I’ve seen in peptide circles – skipping baseline blood work or kidney function checks can turn a promising compound into a problem fast. I’ve always insisted on a doctor’s order and regular monitoring for anything I try, so the idea of a quick online consult feels risky, especially with compounded versions that vary in purity.
What safety steps do you take when getting a GLP-1 or similar peptide via telehealth? Do you think stricter rules will catch up, or will the market stay ahead of oversight?
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.