ResearchSafe

Taurine supplement – any noticeable changes in energy or recovery?

Posted by optimizer_jenna in Longevity & Anti-Aging - 3 points, 0 comments.

I started taking taurine powder about ten days ago, just 2 grams split into two doses because I read it declines with age and might help mitochondria. TBH I haven’t kept a strict log but I have felt a bit less sluggish during my evening walks since I began, though it could just be placebo or the slightly better sleep I’ve been getting. I’m curious if anyone else has noticed anything concrete like improved recovery after workouts or a change in fasting glucose, or if the effects are mostly subtle.

I’d love to see any citations or personal anecdotes that actually measure something like heart rate variability or subjective energy scales, because I’m still skeptical and want to be sure it’s not just the new routine talking. If you’ve tried it, what dose did you use and for how long before you noticed anything?

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.