ResearchSafe

Trying low-dose methylene blue for focus – any timing tips?

Posted by curious_scientist in Cognitive & Nootropic - 1 points, 1 comments.

5 mg/kg each morning, mostly because I read it can boost mitochondrial energy and maybe help with focus. I mix the powder in a little water and take it on an empty stomach. The first thing I notice is the blue tint in my urine a few hours later, which is harmless but kinda weird.

On the days I’ve taken it before my usual coffee, I feel a steadier kind of alertness without the jittery spike I sometimes get from caffeine alone. I’m wondering if others have found a sweet spot for timing – should I take it before or after breakfast, or does it matter if I stack it with something like a low dose of selank for anxiety? Also, has anyone noticed any headache or GI upset after a few days of use?

I’d love to hear what’s worked for you and any cautions you’ve picked up. Imo it’s worth sharing the little tweaks that make a difference.

Comments

  • restlessemma: I’ve tried a similar low dose (around 15 mg total) first thing in the morning, usually 20 minutes before my coffee. For me it gave a smoother wake‑up feel, less of the caffeine spike, and the blue urine showed up about three hours later – harmless but still a bit odd to see. I noticed that taking it with a small breakfast (like toast and peanut butter) seemed to cut down on any mild stomach rumble I got on empty‑stomach days. When I added a tiny bit of selank later in the day I didn’t feel extr

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.