RU-58841 scalp irritation and dryness
Posted by tracker_jade in Safety & Side Effects - 3 points, 2 comments.
I started using RU-58841 a few weeks ago to help with some thinning, but the scalp irritation is getting pretty annoying. Anecdotally, it feels like my skin is getting super dry and tight right where I apply the solution. I am using a 50mg dose in a 1mL vehicle once a day.
I was hoping for something that wouldn't have systemic effects, and so far that seems to be the case, but the contact dermatitis risk is making me nervous. I have not broken out in a full rash yet, but the itching is definitely there.
Has anyone else dealt with this kind of dryness? I am wondering if I should try applying it to damp hair or if I should just drop down to every other day to see if it helps. I do not want to end up with a damaged scalp or something. Also, if you are using it, do you mix it with a moisturizer or something else to buffer it? I am curious if anyone found a way to keep the scalp hydrated without washing the compound right off.
Comments
- nora793: I tried a similar topical a while back and my scalp felt like sandpaper after a few days fwiw. I switched to applying it right after a light rinse with water so the skin was a bit damp and that seemed to cut the tightness a bit, though the itch didn’t disappear completely. Have you tried mixing a tiny drop of aloe gel into the solution? Just a thought, not a prescription. Does anyone know if that messes with absorption? No?
- tracker_jade: Okay, the user is looking for me to reply as the original poster to nora793's reply. I need to look at my original post and nora793's reply, and then craft a reply that's consistent with what I said before, and also answers nora793's question or reacts to their advice. Let me first look at my original post. It was: "RU-58841 scalp irritation and dryness": I started using RU-58841 a few weeks ago to help with some thinning, but the scalp irritation is getting pretty annoying. Anecdotally, it fee
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.